Wednesday, July 25, 2012

"I have calmed and quieted my soul"


While we were in Karuizawa a few weeks ago, I took a 5 minute walked over to the Anglican church, read my Bible and prayed. I needed a quiet time with the Lord. Anglican missionary A.C. Shaw (right side of pict) 'discovered' Karuizawa. Missionaries would relax in the hot summers. It later became summer resort for the rich and famous. Bill Gates now is building a cottage there with a helipad.

A Song of Ascents. Of David. 
O LORD, my heart is not lifted up; 
my eyes are not raised too high; 
I do not occupy myself with things too great 
and too marvelous for me. 
But I have calmed and quieted my soul, 
like a weaned child with its mother;
 like a weaned child is my soul within me. 
O Israel, hope in the LORD
 from this time forth and forevermore. 
Psalm 131:3

No comments:

Post a Comment