Monday, September 17, 2018

Why do the innocent suffer?


Jesus might have said, "Look at me. I am the ultimate sufferer. I'm going to go to the cross, even though I don't deserve it, even though I've lived a good life, and on the cross, I'm going to experience ultimate derision. I'm going to experience insecurity unto death. I'm going to experience the absolute rejection of my friends. I'm going to experience government-supported violence. I'm going to experience utter hopelessness, the wrath of the universe, the wrath of God. It's all going to come down on me, and I'm going to do it so that someday I can end evil and suffering in this world without destroying you. I'm going to do it to pay for your sins." Tim Keller

1 Peter 2:22-23, "He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth. When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly."

No comments:

Post a Comment